Version 1.2 1 July 2009
About this Policy
This policy sets out how Life Research Pty Ltd (Life Research) collects, uses and discloses your personal information.
By accessing or using Life Research services you agree to the use and disclosure of your personal information in the manner described in this policy.
Life Research and Privacy
Life Research is bound by the Privacy Act (1988).
What personal information is collected
Life Research collects personal information that it considers necessary for it, or its related bodies corporate to provide the range of products and services they offer.
Personal information collected by Life Research may include:
• your name, address and contact details
• information required by Life Research and third parties to provide goods or services to you
• details of the services provided to you
• records of communications with Life Research
• If you submit an enquiry jointly or on behalf of another person Life Research may request personal information about that person. Please do not provide any personal information about another person if they have not consented to the information being disclosed.
How is personal information collected
Life Research collects personal information in a number of ways, including
• directly from you when you provide information directly to Life Research in person, by phone or in writing (whether electronic or otherwise)
• directly from you when you communicate with Life Research
• from third parties such as Life Research related bodies corporate and service providers to Life Research
• from organisations identified or described under the heading "How is personal information disclosed"
How is personal information used
Your personal Information may be used for the following purposes:
• to provide the products or services requested by you
• to manage those services including providing customer service
• to research, develop and improve Life Research's products and services
• to conduct surveys to determine use and satisfaction with Life Research services
• to generate statistics
• to promote and market special offers and other services to you
• for purposes connected with the operation of the Life Research business
How is personal information disclosed
Life Research may disclose personal information to individuals and organisations other than Life Research. The organisations to which we may disclose personal information include:
• Life Research staff and Life Research related bodies corporate
• outsourced service providers who assist Life Research to provide its products and services including:
• information technology providers
• marketing and market research advisers
• professional advisers
• organisations involved in a sale/transfer of Life Research assets, business or shares
• government and regulatory authorities as required by law
How to access your personal information
You generally have a right to access your personal Information. If you wish to access your personal information please email us. There is no charge for this service.
What if you don't provide personal information
If you choose not to provide personal information when requested, Life Research may not be able to provide you with the full range of Life Research products and services.
Life Research website, Linked Sites and personal information
When you visit a website or use an application on the Life Research website, Life Research records anonymous information such as IP address, time, date, referring url, pages accessed and documents downloaded, type of browser and operating system.
Cookies may be used by Life Research to help Life Research provide you with the full range of services it offers, remember your preferences, measure and analyse usage of the Life Research website and for security. You may adjust your Internet browser to disable cookies. If your cookies are disabled Life Research may not be able to provide you with the full range of Life Research services.
Cookies may collect and store your personal information. This policy applies to personal information collected via cookies.
What if I have a problem
If you have a problem, complaint, want to change your personal information or just wish to enquire about privacy please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How this policy changes
This policy may change over time. All changes will be published on this website.
About Security and Personal Information
Life Research takes reasonable steps to protect personal information collected from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modifications or disclosure.